Friday, May 2, 2008

Color Week: Blues


Oh golly, I have loved this color week fun. Walking around with a camera and an eye tuned for a particular shade makes the world a little more interesting. Many other lovely photos out there on all the other homes listed with Curious Birdy Leya. Thanks ladyfriend, for the fun.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. B. and I have plans on top of plans, but they include an Ethiopian dinner, this performance, a gig, a concert, and a date with the shovel and the rest of our new garden beds. Sounds pretty sweet to me, not too blue...

The butterfly above was sitting on the trail up on Mount Mitchell when my mum and John and I went blueberry picking last summer.


Golly, we two kids about to get hitched have been the recipients of so many sweet cards and phone calls and gifts. My Gran sent these incredible silver napkin rings to us a few weeks ago. They were given to her when she married my Gramps, but she never got them engraved (they would have had a W and a G on them if she had). So she polished them up and ran around town getting them engraved, one with a lovely H and the other with a lovely B. I never really thought I was a napkin ring girl, but as it turns out I am and since they arrived they are always on the table with a vintage napkin tucked in. Thanks Gran, we think of you so often and love you oodles.


One of the two bowls we have that were made by the amazing Diana Fayt. Peek through her gallery, she will knock your socks off.


My lovely girl in Mexico, probably feeling the exact opposite of blue right then...


Blue blankets, the lighter was my mother's when she was a girl...


Blueberry blossoms that have yet to be blue, next to the ring that started all this getting hitched business. It was B's Gran's...


A blue bowl I made a few months ago.

Be well out there.

4 comments:

Michele said...

I LOVE that bowl!

Wendy said...

Me too!!!

queenbeehoney said...

Oh oh oh. Seeing that old bedspread always brings back memories of sharing a room with my sis. And the napkin rings are soooo beautiful. That Gran. Zaaaaaaa. We love her.

Farmgirl Susan said...

What a glorious collection of blues! That photo in Mexico is really wonderful, but of course I love the butterfly the best. : )