Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home Sweet Home


I barely know where or how to begin. We’re home. Home after having a wedding that was more special and beautiful and incredible and unforgettable than I can ever put into words. After planning and planning and planning, we still had no idea what to expect, if that makes any sense, and let me tell you: it blew our minds and practically broke our hearts out of our chests with the amount of love in the air. I always used to say that lucky was my favorite feeling, and damn, I am one lucky lady. One lucky married lady, thank you very much.


For now we are unpacking, exclaiming over how the garden grew, falling in love all over again with our chickens, sorting through the enormous pile of mail in our living room, and just loving that we get to come home to our life as we have grown it. I’ll be back when we dig out…

4 comments:

queenbeehoney said...

Oh Oh. Somebunny has photos that mummie doesn't have yet! I am still waiting for Jess's and then we will burn them all to a disc for you and Ben. I love the photos you posted. Today I was waited upon by one Steven Collins, who for all the world still looks like the photo on my dresser that I look at every morning when I'm searching for underwear that fit. It was a shock! 9th Grade prom. And of course he remembered you well, and asked to be remembered to you. So glad you are safely home and back to your chickens and garden. love love love

leya said...

Congratulations to you guys! Your wedding day sounds amazing and full of love (the most important thing). You both look stunning and your dress, well, it is perfect.
Sending lots of sweetness to you two newlyweds. Have fun soaking everything in. xo.

judith said...

my first glimpses! for which i am so grateful, tho i must say Geraldine's voice full of joy did a pretty good job of delivering the heart of it to me. love you so much.

dig this chick said...

Oh! You look amazing. So glad your wedding exceeded your expectations. And, glad to have you home! I know what you mean about the love...the love that makes you feel like you can't possibly breathe.
CONGRATS.