Thursday, November 13, 2008

Leaves


How did it get to be Thursday already?? Crazy, I tell you, just crazy. I am actually extremely excited that it’s Thursday, because in eight hours I will be hugging up my girl Dietlind, who will have crossed mountains and plains and time zones just to land here in the mountains to say hello. I am so lucky. We are going to cook and eat (of course), drink tea and wine, walk and hike, play with the chickens, meander around Asheville, visit the farmer’s market, go to a party, and who the hell knows what else. I am a little sad that it is raining cats and dogs outside because it’s bringing down the remaining leaves and I had hoped there would still be fall splendor when she got here. Oh well, she did not come all this way for the maple trees.

May you all hug old friends soon.

4 comments:

inadvertentfarmer said...

What a lovely post...I hope you girls have a wonderful time! BTW, LOVE the broccoli photo!

rachel said...

oh yay.
hug deit for me...

dig this chick said...

May you all hug old friends soon. What a sweet thing to wish for your readers. Thanks. Hope you have a swell weekend with your pal.

queenbeehoney said...

Hugs and kisses for Deitland! I still think of how beautiful she was standing in the farmhouse kitchen. I wish we could all go back and do it all over again so I could try and take in more of it. Every time I think of the experience I get this heartbreaking feeling that I missed so much just because there wasn't the time to bond with every single person.