Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Color Week: Purple


Oh my goodness, I am crazy busy at the new job. I haven't had my head eaten up by work in a long, long time, and although I know I will have to work on not being a stress case, this girl thrives on busy and she is happy.

But it does mean that I have not had very much daylight time to notice color, so here are the purples as I found them. Purple is Not My Thing, and in fact I had to get the seed catalog open to find any in my own house. The shoes are on a real human and they remind me of a cross between something my mother would wear and something my Jude would wear. Crazy.

5 comments:

queenbeehoney said...

Actually, they look like something Gramp would wear, but thank you for the compliment just the same. The other day I asked Gramp whatever happened to his purple suede shoes, and he sadly told me (with a little shake of the head) that he had worn them out. If I could find some like these, I'd buy them for him. He'd be the rockin' fashionista of his assisted living facility!

judith said...

um. yes i own purple (yes, suede) dancing boots. yes i own ugly-but-buick-grade-comfortable jazz shoes.

But yar, methinks only Gramp would wear their love child. And yay for that.

Heather said...

Well I never said you two would actually WEAR these beasts...but they are a love child between purple suede boots and leopard clogs, you know it's true.

xo

Heater

queenbeehoney said...

Oooooo....purple leopard clogs. I am slathering with lust.

maureen said...

I love the odd sock look, It says stuff it to the rules !
By the way a friend of mine who lives in Dublin (Ireland where else !) plays the banjo, lovely instrument !