Friday, February 27, 2009

Modern Dance Frequently Makes Me Giggle


Ok, so the date was fabulous. We did not eat sushi, but rather ended up at a new restaurant here because B read that they make old cocktail recipes that involve egg whites. Which we figured we should decide if we liked. And we do, although I nearly vaulted out of my seat when the bartender just ditched the egg yolk into the trash. Jesus man, do you know how many excellent things in life demand just the yolks??? Thusly plied with tasty cocktails we ended up having a very nice set of small plates and called it a meal. Yum.

Oh wait, before all of the eating there was the getting dressed up and guess what? I wore a really nice old dress and a pair of sneakers. I might have just parted ways with heels, which makes me a little sad. I love heels to a degree that is probably not reflected in my usual chickens-banjos-garden rambles. But I put on my favorite heels and realized that my evening of tromping around downtown would be about 35% less fun with them on. So. There's that.


And then there was the dancing. Let us just say that although we had a stupid amount of fun, the performance, well, featured a lot of embarrassing modern-dance-tweaking-out. And a sleeper of a shadow puppet show that went on forever and some pseudo breakdancing that just should not have ever happened (hey, if you like that stuff you must see this documentary, it's so fun).

ANYWAY. B and I mostly stay home and dig in the dirt and learn new tunes. Both because we don't have scads of cash and because we are wired that way. So it was quite fun to take ourselves out. Here are some pictures that I really don't look like one bit (except the one below with my mouth open, cough), because someone (you know who you are) told me that there should be more of my face on this here blog. So there you go, that should last for about another year.

9 comments:

queenbeehoney said...

Oh yes, heater pics!! You know how I love them, though it wasn't me who complained. I spent the first ten years of my life mainly photographing you, and I still think you're the most beautiful girl ever.

Sigh. Why can't high heels feel as great as they look? But you've gotta admit, sneakers look pretty great too.

rachel said...

are you gigglie because they are dancing naked?

Heather said...

Well, they evidently decided to keep their parts covered here in Asheville. But there was a sort of rolled thong situation that exposed some serious butts. Butts!

dig this chick said...

Yay for face pics. Funny, I hadn't realized that I hadn't really seen your face much. Beautiful gal.

Hey--we should check in with each other about ramblings and goals and such...and, not to sound super needy and whatnot, but I miss you over on dig comment section. There are certain folks who leave great, thoughtful words and heatergirlie is one of them and, well, it leaves a girl wanting more is all.

Anywho, sounds like a fabulous date and perhaps you'll try hells again?

xo

dietlind said...

i think it was me that wanted more heater pics. am i right? well, three in a row! i'll be.

judith said...

yay for yo face! & you know - wow. it has changed - so many other faces in those bones - and the beauty you bring goes even deeper than that. love you.

Heather said...

Hee hee, Nici - "hells" is kind of what I was thinking they were when I was striding around the house in them. Giggle.

Ball's in your court on the writing thing since I emailed last, just pop me a line when the deck clears...

cake said...

i'm happy dietlind pushed for face pics. they are beautiful! and, i am happy to have just now taken a peek at dietlind's blog. i will be back!

Zarah Maria said...

Hello you! It's always nice to be able to put a face on the words. And I'm with you on the whole heels thing - love the idea, not so much the actual wearing. (I did read on a blog somewhere that you could put pain-numbing cream on the soles of your feet when wearing them, and it may make it bearable - but are we willing to do that to ourselves? Hm.)