Monday, February 15, 2010

Nest

Another weekend of winter weather: snow, slush, rain. We took a magical walk Friday evening in my most favorite time of snow, when it's been coming down for a while and is still coming down, just when it's started to dampen the sound and keep cars off the road so that you can walk arm in arm right down the middle of the street.


It was that kind of weekend. I sewed curtains and B fixed small annoying things in the house. We planted onion seeds. B made a beautiful Sunday dinner, and I made an enormous pot of barley chicken soup for the week. I had lunch out with a friend, the chickens kicked down muddy eggs. We watched some films and I read my book. Calm.


I even managed to sew these curtains with an all-time minimum of swearing. Crawling around on the floor with a tape measure is maybe not my favorite thing anymore though, so I'm glad I didn't put these off any longer. I love this fabric. It's bright and invites the eye to wander. There are some unidentifiable animals, always a good thing.


The unearthly glow in the background is the light of our seed starting setup. We are nurturing little kale, broccoli, broccoli rabe, chard, lettuces, cabbages, cauliflower, bok choy, spinach, parsley, and now onions. Seems right to have dozens of sprouts growing away in our boy's room to be.

Happy Monday.

4 comments:

cake said...

i'm a big fan of unidentifiable animals.
and snow. we are having our biggest snow fall yet, as i type this. gorgeous.

Post Grad Hair Cut said...

Love that print. I need to make curtains...

dig this chick said...

oh love the fabric! and slow, calm weekends. xo

dig this chick said...

margot says:

mm mmmmmmmmm 12 ยต≤≥≥≤, kj;.j u.,[ ,l ,. fgggggg