Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Peacocks & Peppers


Halt the presses! Don't panic! Stay calm! The Great Pepper Emergency has been canceled. Almost all of the reseeded peppers just popped up. Also! My back feels sooooo much better. Also! I am not so tired today! Can you tell? Whoopee!

Also, that bird up there does not live here. It lives outside of Charleston in an extremely sad petting zoo on the plantation we visited. Why does a plantation need a petting zoo? I personally arrived with no petting expectations. There were chickens and goats and pigs, and that was, I don't know, ok, but then there were fox and deer and hawks and I felt very sad for them and had to Write a Letter About It, which is something I am genetically programmed to do when bothered by something. Free the fox and hawks! Right.

Anyway. May you only see your hawks in the wild, and may all your pepper seeds come up the first time around.

3 comments:

queenbeehoney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cake said...

i like that you write letters, and i like the way you worry over your seeds.

me too.

also glad you are feeling better.

Heather said...

Ooh, Kayte, new photo on your profile thingy - tres cute!