Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Clean Up

10:30 and the boys are sleeping. Aside from our trip to Savannah last weekend and a friend's wedding a few weeks back, I have worked every Saturday of the semester so I keep thinking today is Sunday... I celebrated with a nap (crazy lady) and now I'm up when I should be sleeping.


My parents were just here and B and I used our free babysitting time to clean out the last of the summer garden. Picked the last squash, peppers, eggplant, and...lemongrass! We are goofy excited to have finally grown our own stalks of this stuff. I potted up a tiny plant some three years ago, but it wasn't until B learned that we could plant this outside that it really took off. It's huge now, and on Thursday we cut a huge handful for dinner this week. Lemmongrass Chicken Curry here we come.

The kid turned over for the first time this Thursday. My mom gets all the credit for this one - she just kept helping him turn over and then, boom, he did it. And since then he's done it about a gazillion more times. It's so weird to leave him on his back and come back and find him scooching around on his stomach. Shot across the bow - this kid is going to hit the gas pedal in no time.

3 comments:

queenbeehoney said...

And your Mom is still feeling guilty about "rollover bootcamp"! OK, seriously, I only helped him over about ten times ~ he was practically there all on his own. We had so much fun, but I am tired tired tired.

Love the pic of you and lemon grass!

elizabeth said...

I picked up a big bunch of lemongrass at the Missoula farmers mkt last weekend. I'm going to try your favorite lemongrass curry. Do you have any other recipes that use lemongrass? Thanks!

Jenny said...

I planted one tiny lemongrass plant and have harvested it and dried it three times already, with one more to go. I like to combine it with mint in tea, it has a great mouth feel and is so refreshing!