Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello New Year


Dear 2010: we are a little sorry to see you go, because frankly, you rocked our socks. Thanks for that.

We rang in the new year with our customary epic hike and palate rocking Indonesian coconut beef situation (cinnamon sticks, star anise, cardamom pods above - they join awesome things like lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves and oh hell, the yum). I finished sewing curtains for Osh's new room and B made cocktails that knocked us out well before midnight. I never felt an obligation to power through the new year even before I had a kid, thankyouverymuch.


Profiles to the west on the Swannanoa River.




Baby still learning about size ratio stuff = awesome.



Happy New Year, lovely people. May this one treat you right.

3 comments:

queenbeehoney said...

I feel like smooching that little man right now! Looks like a beautiful day in your neighborhood.

Farmgirl_dk: said...

Well, hello. I saw the link to your blog on the sidebar of "Robert's Roost" and I'm really glad I clicked on it! I've read through a number of your posts and look forward to reading more. Your writing is engaging, your photos are fun, I can relate to your thoughts and perspective, and I'm so glad you've moved to the country!
Of course, last but not least, your baby is adorable. :-)

Heather said...

Hey Farmgirl, thanks for the visit - I just enjoyed peeking in on you too!

Heather