Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend of Good

Haircut. Housewarming party with over half a dozen kids tearing around our tiny house while adults eat almost 100 waffles made by my husband. Hike. A chuckling baby (different from a giggling baby) who is putting himself to sleep like a champ (seven months today, cripes). New tune. A book that already appears much better than the absolutely appalling one I had to muscle through for my book group. A phone date with my BFF and a hilarious video chat with my parents. Right now the husband is baking the house into a swirl of good smells, the babs is napping, and I'm about to cut fabric for this quilt that I've got a mind to make. Good, good, good.





Have great weeks out there.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Your weekend sounds so nice! Love your hair :)

queenbeehoney said...

Our Teradactyl Phone Chat was so much fun! Good God, he's just SO cute. Your hair looks fabulous, I'm glad you didn't cut it short. Can't wait to see all of you.

cake said...

really cute photos! don'cha love the house fulla kids?

Kelly (The Sorry Gardener) said...

Good to hear that you're enjoying The Goon Squad. SInce I'm 324th on the library hold list, maybe I'll lay out cash for it. My best reads of the year so far have been Kings of the Earth (by Jon Clinch) and Half Broke Horses (by Jeannette Walls) ... although I deign to suggest books to a librarian.

Heather said...

Kelly, I will definitely check those out. You know, now that I've read more of Goon Squad, I would not advise spending any dollars on it. It's just ok, although perhaps it will get better (I'll let you know if it does!).

And yup Miz Kayte, there is something seriously right about a houseful of kids. The best kind of chaos...

xo

H

xo

H

Chris said...

I love your blog but I can't figure out how to follow it!?