Thursday, July 14, 2011

Breakfast on Vacation

Breakfast Boy

Breakfast Boy

Gramma B

One of my favorite things about visiting my parents is sitting in their beautiful kitchen in the morning. This year they grew some amazing sunflowers just outside the windows and tiny goldfinches got rowdy over the floral real estate. Oscar was smitten with the ceiling fan in there, along with ferreting out my mother's water bottles and sprout growing containers. How great is that bib? It was mine when I was a kid, I know I can't possibly remember using it yet I was so excited when I saw it. I love the last photo of my mom and Osh - she calls him her little piece of gristle and squishes him up just like that. He *is* such a lean bean. At our last checkup he had not gained one bit of weight in two months but grew almost four inches. I am working hard on not worrying about this and am encouraged by a recent expansion in his interest in eating things other than my boobs.

On another note: I am so incredibly lazy sometimes. It has bugged me for years that beautiful photos still look like hell on this blogathingy, so yesterday I finally took the 30 minutes required to figure this out. This was the post that finally got me, that first photo has those delicious water drops and they went missing the first time I uploaded them. Happy now.

Farm and camping photos tomorrow...

4 comments:

queenbeehoney said...

How I love love love that sweet face.

Anna said...

Mmmm, Similar string bean issues around our house. My Dr made me collect poo samples for 3 days just to be sure.

There is nothing quite like wrapping your child in gladwrap so that the bacteria in their nappy doesn't contaminate your 'sample' and crossing your fingers and hoping like hell that hideous nappy rash does not result and that three poos will occur in the three days you have left before you are due to fly to another state for a month!

Sorry for the over-share!

Heather said...

Oh my jeez, that sounds like hell. I'm not sure if I'm worried or relieved that my doctor is evidently more mellow than yours. I presume all is well?

H

Anna said...

Yup, passed with flying colours.

My Dr is VERY through. It's good to feel like she won't miss anything, but can be a real pain in the ass too :)