Monday, September 12, 2011

Arghlemurph. You win some you lose some. It's Monday, and I'm tired and suffering from an annoyed, distracted feeling that when focused upon reveals to be largely irritation with the extremely bad haircut I got on Friday. I am generally pretty laid back about hairs - I have a lot of them and good grief they are just hairs, but this haircut is so far from what I requested that I'm having trouble making peace with the 6000 layers flying around. I think they want attention and hair goo and a blow dryer. Not happening.

Also, the kid has kissed the six o'clock wake up goodbye. We're telling ourselves that it has to do with molars, but I'm not sure that it makes reading 4:58 on the clock any more pleasant. I confess that I harbor some guilt over this situation. The kid goes to bed like a champ and then sleeps all night without a peep and then I want to hassle him over an hour or forty-five minutes? Plus as a working mom there are kind of two sides of this situation. One: holy shit go back to sleep I am tired and have to go to work in three hours. Or two: Good morning, I am so psyched that you are awake because now we can hang out for three! whole! hours! before I have to go to work and miss seeing your shining little face. He is so freakin' fun in the morning. All the words come out and he is snuggly and funny and pretty much the brightest thing ever. Anyway, I think I would be doing better accessing number two if it weren't for the looming reality of The Evil Time Change. When I am Queen there will be no stinkin' time change and I will be the patron saint of those with small children and farm animals.

Basil Pinchings


Still no camera, so you get a photo that has probably already been on here once: basil. This weekend we made the last of the pesto for the winter and put up our first batch of applesauce. Warm applesauce, yes please. I love fall.

2 comments:

queenbeehoney said...

And I love reading your blog. Cannot wait to get there and hug you all.

MrsDG@TalesFromHomemadeHouse said...

I'm with you on the molars front....they are plaguing my 18 months old's mouth and my sleep and every now and then these little people lull us into a false sense of security by sleeping through for a night or two...and then bam...hit you with a 4am again! If it was one or the other I'm sure I'd adjust but the yo-yo-ing between one and another leaves me bleary, reeling and stumbling every morning! :)