Friday, December 16, 2011

Wrap wrap wrap

Gah! Blerg! So busy! End of semester! Everyone just got a little sick but we all got better real fast! It is super bizarrely warm here! The straw mulch we bought it full of seeds and I am mad as hell about it! Yah, can you tell it's the last day of classes here? And that my BFF is headed this way for a visit as I type this? And that I just performed some serious ass kicking on stuff in my office that I'd been strategically avoiding all semester? Darn that feels good.

I have been so completely suckface about taking photos, there is no excuse, but I am putting up two that my mom took at the wedding we went to in DC. How hilarious is a toddler in a dress jacket?

Fwow- ers

People at this wedding that I had not seen since I was a girl kept thinking that I was my mom. So funny.

Love this Girl

What can I say? Oscar is talkingtalkingtalking. Gone are the days when we can keep track of what he knows. Today he dunked his spoon in my tea and pronounced "Dipping!" Who taught him that? He is crazy about helping, I tell you: a request for help will pretty much avert any meltdown. He helps us unload the dishwasher, puts things in the recycling, can be coaxed into moving clothes from the washer to the dryer, and will generally just about burst with joy if you ask him to put anything away. In fact 'away' and 'back' are two of the busiest words around our house.

We have been cranking out holiday goodies like crazy. With one exception (ok, and a few babies), we committed to giving only food this year. Our holiday toasted-sesame-chocolate-almonds are insane, but the peppermint bark came out a little squishy. Sorry folks, get prepared to lick your fingers.

Did I tell the intertubes that we are going to Puerto Rico? Can I get a wtf on US spellcheckers everywhere having a problem with that word? Anyway, yes, headed on our biggest adventure yet, coming soon. But first, some eat, drink, and merriment with a couple of rounds of guests.

Enjoy out there, enjoy.

2 comments:

queenbeehoney said...

He is not hilarious. He is seriously hip and handsome in that jacket. And his Mama is the mostest beautiful gal in the universe. Have fun with Deits!

Thanks for the post.

Kelly said...

Hi, Heather. Just wanted to wish you, B, and Osh a Merry Christmas since I've been following along rather quietly lately.

Kelly (formerly The Sorry Gardener)