Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Raining Hearts

Poco Dolche

Fancy chocolate to share with my sweetheart. It's divine.

hellebores 2

The hellebores are blooming and have been for a while. I love these - so old fashioned with their speckles and dusty rose hues, but seriously: stout as they come. This weekend found them frozen solid from petal to leaf, but here they are today supple and sweet.

hellebores 1

It's been busy as hell around here, but good. The babs grew another four teeth, and what seems like another four inches. He's kicking down small sentences (gems like "Mama not sleeping!" and "It's a mouse!") and generally honing a wicked sense of humor. B and I have been playing fiddles again with some regularity, and likewise have become a bit addicted to taking family trips to the gym. I am old enough that 20 minutes on a dorky running machine makes me feel like a million bucks. Nice.

Hope everyone is well out there.

3 comments:

queenbeehoney said...

Oh! These are so pretty! I cannot believe you are experiencing pink on February 14th....

Missing the boi more than I can write. I'd give anything for an Oscar hug right now.

Clarksburg on Feb 16th. One week shy of four years.

Queen of Carrot Flowers said...

beautiful flowers and grey sea salt on chocolate - sounds unusual but delicious :-)

Dirty Girl Gardening said...

I adore that chocolate!